New A1 failure to feed

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

apex
L

Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:38 pm

SIMODshooter wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:01 pm
I ran three 30 rd GI alum. Mags through mine today ran great...and on the 4th mag it started short stroking....

I also put 4lb spring kit and bobbed the hammer with anti rotate pins ran like a champ until 4th magazine... 😑 trigger feels amazing now
Anti-rotation pins will cause short-stroking. It's not the gas system or the buffer failing, it's the friction acting on the BCG slowing it down too much. You should only use those on something like a pre-86 transferable NFA lower where wearing out the pin holes is an actual issue.
SIMODshooter wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:01 pm
I attempted to run some wolf HP since I accidentally bought 250 rounds🤨
The HP sticks on left feed ram. Zero issues with the left feed ramp with the 55gr or 62gr ammo on left feed ramp..

I have the standard weight buffer in it now ordering a lighter buffer next week.

Hopefully I can get the dam thing to run without issues I bought a total of four 14.5 uppers🙄
So wait, your first post said you were having FTF issues with 55gr ball, but now you stated you're using both HP and FMJ, but only the HP has FTF with aluminum GI mags?
Which projectile were you using when you came to the conclusion of the feed ramps being the issue on your previous post, FMJ or HP/open-tip?
I'm having a hard time believing that a Lancer, Troy, PMag, and Hexmag all have the exact same repeatable issue in two different uppers while a aluminum GI mag does not.

SIMODshooter
II

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:19 pm

Update. Put a 3oz buffer in and zero issues with anti walk pins 3lb springs and a bobbed hammer.

Ran the following zero issues
55gr FMJBT- steel and brass,
62gr green tips,
55gr soft tip, steel case, feed fine.

All in aluminum GI mags. Did not try 62gr HP that I have.

Ran great zero short stroke issues or FTF.

Will try the P mags I have next trip. I just have a ton of Aluminum GI magazines.