New A1 failure to feed

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

schuang
I

Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:13 am

Update: Even with H2 buffer and carbine chrome silicon spring swap, the feed problem still exists.... @onion13@

While cleaning T91 after shooting, I noticed there is a small gap between barrel feed ramp and receiver on the left side ramp (for my case, the bullet pushes inside of the case always happened on the left side of the feed). It prompts me to noticed that it always happened with HP bullet only -- the front edge of Hollow Point bullet occasionally catches the small gap causes all of my grief. I would think the pointed-nose-type bullet would probably do the similar thing (BTW everglade's Ver4 bullet is not quite pointed so they don't jam)

Furthermore, I did online search and found something interesting. I may just fix it as M4 ramp....

Sean
ar15barrels_feedramps2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

apex
L

Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:10 pm

schuang wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:13 am
It prompts me to noticed that it always happened with HP bullet only -- the front edge of Hollow Point bullet occasionally catches the small gap causes all of my grief
Don't use hollow points or any open-tip projectiles in T91s. This is a common and known issue- they don't play well because of the feed ramps.
SIMODshooter
II

Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:34 pm

I wonder if the left side feed ramp can be modified? Mine did it only on left side... I bought the dam think for no DI and more reliability based on it being a military upper basically.

See how mine does next week with GI mags only.

I also added some pic rail to the oem handguns and vickers tactical sling. And hosed it down in spay paint camo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
apex
L

Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 pm

Sure it can be modified, if you have a file or a dremel lying around (do not attempt). @onion9@
In all seriousness though you could always change the barrel extension to one with M4 ramps IF YOU ARE OR KNOW A QUALIFIED GUNSMITH WHO CAN PERFORM THIS INSTALLMENT. I stress this because fiddling with the extension is messing with the headspacing which if incorrect, could cause a kaboom.

Safest option is to not use hollow point/open tip ammo and stick with FMJ or anything else that has a pointy rounded nose.
e292644
Site Admin

Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:41 am

Anyone having the feeding issues please share some photos like this one please.
ar15barrels_feedramps2.jpg
SIMODshooter
II

Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:55 pm

I have a local very good gunsmith who does LEO and tactical stuff I may take mine to him and see what he says about the feed ramp issue.

I thought about using one of the tools we use to port and polish heads at my shop.. then decided that was a bad idea🤣