T91/Wolf A1 U.S. User Feedback / Requests

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

apex
II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:45 pm

e292644 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:05 pm
It's tight and not going anywhere. I use GI barrel nut and have to take the last section of the piston assembly part out.
Hmm. If removing the piston assembly endplate (for lack of a better term) won't result in the springs damaging the back of the sleeve, this is a game changer. I wonder if just cutting the endplate to be flush with the sleeve would cause any issues from it spinning freely in the sleeve under the spring pressure when cycling?

e292644
Site Admin

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:51 pm

I’ll give it a try and report back.
apex wrote:

Hmm. If removing the piston assembly endplate (for lack of a better term) won't result in the springs damaging the back of the sleeve, this is a game changer. I wonder if just cutting the endplate to be flush with the sleeve would cause any issues from it spinning freely in the sleeve under the spring pressure when cycling?
Arkane
C

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:25 pm

apex wrote:
e292644 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:05 pm
It's tight and not going anywhere. I use GI barrel nut and have to take the last section of the piston assembly part out.
Looking at the design and imagining the stresses I think the plate also serves as a support and helps protect the upper. And having it riveted stationary in place probably helps accomplish that. I'd bet loose you'd see flexing during piston movement which would probably to wallow out the hole in the upper.